Thread: US Open 2012!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
West Coast Ace
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnnisfan View Post
Is Armstrong a better stadium for a big match?
Armstrong will still have good matches - just not the Rogers, Rafas, Novak's - and you'll be in a much more fan friendly setting - aka close enough to the action to really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfan86 View Post
I found that on Ashe people don't really sit in their allocated seats. If you are at the end of a row, it can be a bit frustrating as people continually walk up and down and obstruct your view...
I've been all over the world to tournaments - happens everywhere. Adult attention deficit disorder is rampant. Not a USO thing, not an assigned seating thing - not everyone is a hardcore fan or can sit through a lot of tennis without getting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnnisfan View Post
Let's start with the best hotels...
I'd recommend Priceline.com, name your price. You pick the star rating, location and price - and a hotel will accept it or not. You can google to find out what a reasonable bid is. But you can only do Priceline and get a good deal closer to the actual date. So find a hotel at a price you can live with - that allows for a free cancellation. Then you can work the Priceline angle to try to get a better deal or higher star rating.