View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #42
dizzlmcwizzl
Hall Of Fame

Down to 252 pounds ... getting lots of compliments about the weight loss and I am moving around the court well (for me).

I have gotten to the weight where I can run without fear of knocking myself out of commission for weeks. Usually I do intervals on the elliptical for 40 minutes at a pop. But I have started running once a week. I am up to about 3.5 miles on a cinder trail which I find easier on the legs than running on the asphalt. The interval raining has helped my recovery time on the court a lot.

In league matches my record is now 2 wins and 1 loss. The two wins were fairly easy victories against opponents I was sure to beat. The one loss was with a partner I had never met who was recovering from an injury against a solid 4.0 and a self rated player. I felt like I was the best player on the court, but my partner could not come to the net and I found it difficult to adjust to playing 1 up / 1 back.

In terms of my game ... right now I am returning well. My volleys and groundies are about as solid as I can hit them. However, my bread and butter, the serve, is suffering outside. I not yet been broken but I am having difficulty getting in hard first serves. The wind and sun are messing with my toss and I am not good enough to work around it. So I am hitting a ton of kick serves and moving them around the box which has worked so far. But eventually I will run into someone who I need to have the big serve for.

I played a practice match inside yesterday and the fastball came right back. I am hopeful that with a little more time I will get acclimated to the outside soon.