View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
maverick66
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleygirl View Post
I cant believe that "steroids and HGH" arent being talked about more as a problem in the NFL. With 8 players off that 1994 SD Chargers super bowl team already dead at such young ages, its ridiculous that they are closing their eyes to the performance enhancing drug problem in the NFL. With Goddell continually talking about "player safety," i dont think theres one thing that could improve players safety more than drug testing to get the cheating players out of the league so the athletes are on level playing fields. Protect the players by getting the roiders out.
Most of them had substance abuse issues more related to pain killers than performance enhancers. Also blaming roids for this doesnt work at all. Seau had mental health issues that will probably slowly come to the public eye now.

People shouldnt go on a crusade about something they have no knowledge about. I suggest you watch the documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster about performance enhancers than decide if you really feel they are killing athletes.