View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #31
floridatennisdude
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan2Day View Post
I would like to see them eliminate coaching except on change overs. I was pretty disappointed this year watching a match with a top ten player on a top ten team and his coach was standing there telling him where he should serve after every point in one game.

Eliminate the medical time out. If you are not in good enough shape to make it through a match without cramping then that is your problem. If you are going to play injured, then that is the chance you take. Unless there is blood involved then there should be no reason to delay the match.
Pro tennis is the only sport in the world that restricts coaching...why is it? Golfers talk to their caddy between every shot. Team sport coaches have zero restrictions on when they can call out plays. Even in sports like swimming, track & CC, or gymnastics the coaches aren't limited on shouting tot heir athletes. I kind of dislike that tennis has coaching restrictions and I like that they are allowed to coach in the college game.

Wow, eliminate a medical time out? Makes me think about the player at the Open that was agonizing in pain from cramping and they had to sit and watch until he was defaulted and then carted off the court. Pretty sure that wouldn't be favored by athletic trainers.
floridatennisdude is offline   Reply With Quote