View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
storypeddler
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to storypeddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_tater View Post
After playing league for a number of years, I've seen my fair share of players get DQ'd through the grievance process, get a multi-season suspension from league play by sectionals, only to almost always have the suspension period reduced significantly following an appeal.

Just curious if this is pretty much the case nationwide. For those who have had to deal with the grievance issues and appeals, is nationals more lenient when it comes to hearing appeals and reducing the time imposed suspensions by the states or sectionals?

Also, I haven't seen any specific regulations or provision in the rules that say if the player or captain is caught violating "X" regulation, your penalty will always be "Y" time. Just curious if there is something out there that guides the local districts/sectionals when imposing their suspensions...or is the time for the suspension simply within their discretion?
If there was intentional deception and cheating involved in getting the lower rating which brought about the DQ, I guess a suspension could happen. In my experience, a DQ always simply means the player is immediately bumped up to the next NTRP level.
storypeddler is offline   Reply With Quote