Originally Posted by Smasher08
Nice to see you're using stringsavers.
Can you comment on how the stringbed feels with and without? I'm contemplating on getting stringsavers for my gut/poly hybrid.
I've never used stringsavers before so please excuse this dumb questions.
1) Does it stiffen up the stringbed? Something tells me it does.
2) Does it prevent the gut from sliding/snapping back across the polys?
3) Are they all more or less the same? If not, which do you recommend and why?
4) Are stringsavers reusable?
5) Lastly, I HATE snapping gut pre-maturely off of a shank/mis-hit. Do you think stringsavers on the top edge of the frame will help prevent those? Or do you think there's simply too much force and there aren't enough strings to share it on the edges? This is certainly not a deal breaker, but if it does help shank snaps, that's gravy on top! I know, I should stop shanking balls, but sometimes I can't help it.
Also, I'll start experimenting with MSV CoFocus 1.18 next week, I am expecting great things from them. It'll be Mamba Premium Natural Gut 16g/MSV CoFocus 1.18 at 52/46lbs.