View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
pc1
Legend

Default Most balanced and imbalanced players all time in terms of backhand and forehand

In some ways this is a variation of the greatest ground game thread except I'm curious who you feel are the most balanced and imbalanced on both backhand and forehand in history.

For example while Nadal is at least good on both sides I feel his forehand is by far the superior shot and he uses it as much as possible. With Novak Djokovic he has arguably the best backhand in tennis today and an excellent forehand.

Some players off the top of my head would be Laver, Rosewall, Borg, Tilden, Lacoste, McEnroe, Agassi, Wilander, Riggs and of course the already mentioned Djokovic. I believe these players have backhand and forehands that are relatively close in strength overall.

Actually at the same time we can discuss players where one side is far superior to the other but overall their ground ground is also superb. I think players like Segura, Federer and Newcombe who have very good backhands but awesome forehands would be in this category. These players have overall excellent groundies but their forehands are far superior to their backhands even though their backhands are good.
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote