View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #226
Misterbill
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by klu375 View Post
Dear Misterbill,
Tennis recruiting process is not like a job interview. As you probably know US job market is protected to a large extent. When you go for a job interview here you are mostly not competing with the whole world. Because if they had to the majority of US Citizen would lose because they are too old, too young, do not have enough skills, wrong gender, too lazy, etc. I do not know what you do for a living but I am sure they can easily find somebody among 6 Billion people who can do your job better for less pay and this person will not even post on TT during working hours. So I do not see it as normal that our US kids have to compete with the whole world for the right to play tennis in US college. Tennis after all is just an EC. And I do not see it as normal that parents have to yank their kids from the regular school and make them train twice a day so that they could play tennis in college. And this is where things are going. You can have couple of conferences that will be breeding grounds for future pros and they can benefit from the top foreign competition but the rest of college tennis should be for regular kids who value education and not looking to become tennis pros.
Ha ha.

Klu, talk to Ross Greenstein, not me. Those are his words. Brought to us by our fellow poster tennisconsultcom. Maybe you can talk to tennisconsultcom too

What do I do for a living? I'm unemployed. Got laid off from my job putting those little stickers on apples and pears. Great gig while it lasted!

But thanks for the info
Misterbill is offline   Reply With Quote