View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #3681
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Default Pro's Pro Gutex 17 is good stuff

OK, here is my review in the TW format of the Pro's Pro Gutex 17. It was fairly easy to string.

Tension it is strung: 60 pounds on a lockout machine full bed
Your regular string set up: Discho Microfibre 16
Racket: Pro Kennex 7G (this is different than the others tested in the Babolat PST+)String pattern of your racquet: 16 x 20
Power (or lack there of): Medium powered multi
Feel: Good
Tension maintenance: Came off the racket at 64.8 pounds and ended up at 53.5 pounds before I cut it out.
Price: $6.70/set or $67.70/reel
Overall comments and feedback: See below

General: This string reminds me a lot of the Pro's Pro Hi Tec Multifibre and Mantis Comfort Synthetic. It is not quite as soft but has a little more pop which many people complain about with those 2 strings.

Serve/Return of Serve: Serves were pretty good and returns were also fairly good.

Strokes: Spin was average but depth control was good.

Volleys: Volleys are OK with this string. Usually these softer multis don't shine at net anyways.

Touch shots: This is pretty good for touch shots.

Softness: While not quite as comfortable as MCS, it is still on the softer side for a multi.

Tension: Seemed pretty good at 60 pounds.

Durability: I played 4 sets of singles with this. I ended up cutting it out because it is 17g and I felt like it was getting ready to break soon.

Movement: String movement was CRAZY. After a few hits in the warm up, strings were all over the place.

Conclusion: This is a very nice offering for the price if you can deal with the string movement.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote