View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #154
Up&comer
Hall Of Fame

I'll answer TW's format first.

Tension used for play test- 58 CP

Your regular string set up- MPP/MSCS at 52/54

Racquet brand and model used for test- Aeropro drive GT

Power level of test string- High with the tension loss (more on that later) but would probably be low powered without it.

Feel (crisp? mushy? soft? stiff? off center feedback?) - stiff, decent feedback, small sweetspot. It felt ok at first, then went downhill with the tension loss.

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable?)- poor. It was ok for about 2 hours, then went downhill for me. According to raquet tune, it started at 52.9 off the stringer, then ended at 45.3. I would probably go a couple pounds higher if I had it again.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) Not that great. I felt like I had to put to much spin to control the power. Maybe if I had shorter strokes it would work better.

Compare to the string you use most often- more power, less spin, less control, softer, and less feedback.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension?) I would go a couple pounds higher.

General comments (please summarize likes and dislikes) It didn't have the control I needed. Again, it seems like it would suit shorter strokes better. I actually quite liked it at first, but after the tension loss it became way to powerful.

And my format

Stringing- very easy. Actually one of the easier strings I've strung. No real problems. Full bed at 58.

Groundstrokes- at first, I really liked this string. It was a stiff multi and had good spin potential. Almost no string movement for the first two hours. After that, though, the tension dropped. It went south and got way too much power. This would be better for compact strokes.
Overall- 8/10

Serves- Bleh. I just didn't have it. Returns or serves. I just couldn't get a meaningful serve in.
Overall- 6/10

Volleys- average. Vanilla. Mediocre. Nothing worth mentioning.
Overall- 7/10

Durability- not bad. Not great, but not bad. Crosses broke. Tension maintenance was horrid though.
Overall- 6/10

Softness- 1 being the softest, 10 being the stiffest.
Overall- 4/10

Overall, this was a pretty good string at first for groundies. After the tension loss, though, it became much too powerful. Maybe compact strokes would work better, but all in all a disappointment for me. Thanks TW!
Up&comer is offline   Reply With Quote