View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Sanglier
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
Thanks, I just ordered the Fox Experimental. There was only one, so I hope I was in time to get it.
I ordered the same racquet last Friday using PayPal, and didn't notice that it was already sold until afterwards.

As the listing didn't disappear after I finished paying, I went through the ordering process again just to see if I missed something. Only then did I see that there was actually a "0" figure below "in stock" on the order confirmation page; yet the system STILL allowed me to proceed through the order confirmation and payment process!

Of course, I wasn't about to pay twice for the same racquet, so I stopped at the payment confirmation step.

I had a glimmer of hope that I wasn't caught by this rather annoying ordering system trap, that the racquet was in fact available when I went through the process the first time.

Alas, it wasn't to be. I received a robo-mail on Saturday telling me that I had missed out on the racquet, that the item was now on back-order.

I think it's pretty bad that TW would leave a supposedly one-of-a-kind racquet in the system after it's been sold, given that it is unlikely to be restocked. What were they going to do? Keep my payment indefinitely until another example magically shows up in the future?

I will probably ask for a refund of my PayPal payment, unless someone at TW tells me that they have found a few more of these that will be on their way...
Sanglier is offline   Reply With Quote