View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #112
mbisaac
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonemains View Post
I can only compare it to the PDR, the standard PD is too light.

firstly, if i was forced to choose from the whole babolat stable, i would choose the PRD. Awesome racquet. big power, big serves, big groundies, big everything but it still has that Babolat feel. Which is tinny, stiff and uncomfy. bit harder to control all that power sometimes when you really need to place a shot.

the Pro One, is very very comfortably. if you train and play proper 3 set matches 12-15 hours a week, you need to look after your arm. the P1 hasnt got the punch that the PDR provides, but it has controllable power! this is crucial!!. serves and groundies are still very very powerful compared to alot of players sticks.

Both sticks are perfect for the current modern game, baseline bashing all day long. But for me, I still need to control my heavy shots and need a tad more comfort. So the P1 for me.

On another note, I beat an undefeated 5.0 using a Head YT PP last night. the P1 just had a tad more easy power at the end of the 3rd set.
Just sold my PD 2012 and picked up the Pro Ones. All in similar power but the Pro Ones have more control, are less stiff, and feels more solid. I sold the PD as I started to experience tennis elbow and shoulder pain which I never had before. I tried a few different string setups at different tensions which didn't help. As such, I started demoing and landed on the P1. I also added leather grips which also made it more headlight. Great all around racquet
mbisaac is offline   Reply With Quote