View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #31
Phil
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwarrior1
ok i was having elbow trouble from being a lifter , tennis player and semi pro football player. I was desparate, then found an article from first mr olympia larry scott about blood flowing to heel . I did this for 4 days in a row, for about 2 weeks and it worked.

The key to heeling is fresh blood flowing through your injured elbow.
Do tricep pushdowns. I used a different grip each day. I would do one arm pushdowns with my elbows tucked at the sides on monday.
Next day i would do v bar, next day straight bar and next day I would find a pain free exercise like overhead extensions . After you lift take an asprin and ice your elbows.

I then took friday-sun off and did this the next week. I know have elbows that feel great.

HERE IS THE KEY- YOU MUST USE SUPER SLOW REPETITIONS, NO OTHER LIFING. DO 6 UP AND 6 DOWN AND HOLD IT AT THE BOTTOM FOR A FEW SECONDS AFTER THE LAST REP . GO EVEN SLOWER ON THE NEGATIVE IF YOU CAN.

I could normally with good elbows do the entire stack with one arm which is 150 pounds for 6 reps when powerlifting , to give you an idea of what weight you should use.

Start with the lowest weight and do around 6 reps doing 6 up and down and pyramid until you have done around 4 or 5 sets and you can no longer go up in weight and do 6 reps.

Ive given this advice to don mattingly, scott rolen, kevin hardy, walter mccarty, tony delk, . I was also on the house of pain ironshow to teach about this technique and so far ive had 100 percent success rate. Give it a try
This makes no sense...if the elbow is injured, just how can you expect to do tricep pushdowns. If it's REALLY injured, all you're doing is risking more serious or permanante damage. You don't LIFT WEIGHTS using an injured joint. But...if Larry Scott did it...it MUST work. Don't forget, he was a 'roided out bodybuilder, not a tennis player, so he could do those things.

--Tim Henman as barked to a ball boy on a changeover, during his annual Wimbledon meltdown, 2005.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote