View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #63
Torres
Banned

I prefer the grommet style dampers - those worm damps mute the feedback too much for my liking. Of the grommet types, I tend to select them for the specific racquet / string pattern. For an open pattern, I tend to go for something firmer. For a closed pattern, something softer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro's Pro Vibra Stop - very, very soft, squidgy, material. Doesn't provide major dampening - tends to filter the minor vibrations only. Blue is a darker royal blue rather than a lighter blue in the photos. Good if you want only minimal interference from the dampener. 2g

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tourna Sampras 'O' damp - not too stiff, not too soft. Like baby bear's porridge, just right. Good dampener without losing feedback. Just a shame it doesn't come in different colors. 1.6g

The comments above are for the red/black ones. Tourna have recently released some white colored O rings. Exactly the same design but the white ones are MUCH stiffer than the red (softest) and black (soft).

Babolat Custom Damp - stiffer material than the Sampras O damp, and provides a bit more dampening, firming up of the strings. Good dampener without losing too much feedback. 2g

Pacific 'Vibra-Damper' - larger size O ring which you have to force into any denser stringing pattern. Feels quite brittle and doesn't feel like it filtering much vibration due to its brittleness. Disappointing.

Last edited by Torres : 06-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Torres is offline   Reply With Quote