View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #17
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
BCAAs are just protein. Xtend claims to have a total of 10.5 grams of protein plus another 1.2 grams of electrolytes in every 12.8 gram serving, despite also having sucralose, citric acid, Acesulfame, an emulsifier, and food coloring.

And yet it has 0 calories? 10 grams of protein but zero grams of fat, zero carbs, and... zero calories? That is physically impossible and doesn't even make sense. The label is a flat-out fabrication. Even if it were true, it's still only 40 calories. That's about as much energy as you use in, oh, 5 minutes of tennis.

You are attributing qualities to these products that don't make any sense.
you are right..5 hour energy is 0 calories and so obviously by your logic it must fail as well to provide energy.

I work out fasted so that why I stared using bcaas. It works for me and works on the tennis court. A lot of people use BCAAs during exercise. You don't. High five yourself and move on. Even though I clearly tried to address the OP's question you can't let it go and had to start an argument anyway about an unrelated supplement that I never recommended him in the first place.