View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
jswinf
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
You have to learn to manage the point. You hit it to them to keep the point going as long as possible. And only hit it good enough to win a point ONLY when you need to win a point. Chances are you will not need to do that even as they will miss with a mid paced fed ball right to them after a few shots anyways. They have to feel like they are actually in the point. There is no reason to make them feel like you are vastly superior. Of course you are if they can't even run. The trick is to make them feel like they have a chance to win.
There is wisdom in this post. It's good practice to hit a decent stroke off a ball with no pace, to "manufacture" a good point without being condescending...it's not 'veins in your teeth' competition, probably wouldn't want to do it all the time, it's not for everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres View Post
I decided hit the 'on' switch, and started hitting loads of droppers (which they couldn't get to because they couldn't run) which made them angrier and angrier (the woman in particular), and then I started cranking up the pace of my groundstrokes and started hitting kickers on my serve which annoyed them even more.

Somehow I don't think this club is for me, but this sort of stuff seems crazy.
I don't think that club is for you, either, unless there are a bunch of good players there who wouldn't be caught dead at the Saturday afternoon social session.

I'm afraid I can't work up much sympathy for you. Kind of like if you show up at the nursing home shuffleboard tournament and try to steal the trophy.
jswinf is offline   Reply With Quote