View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #63
schmke
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch21 View Post
Yes I did find out what the strikes were from. I already mentioned one in an earlier post, the 6-2, 6-1 doubles victory against some pretty low 4.0s (one had a 1-8, and one a 1-1 record) with my partner who is a very good doubles player (9-0 this season). The 6-3, 6-0 singles win was a strike and it deserved to be. The other strike was actually from doubles. It was the 6-2, 6-2 win. My opponents had a losing record for the season (not sure how bad).
Interesting. With the data I have (just looking at adult results for the Austin area the past 3 years), I can't explain why the 6-2, 6-2 (BTW, Tennis Link has it 6-1, 6-3) match was a strike if I'm looking at the right matches. Both opponents were bumped up to 4.0 the past few years and like you say, aren't tearing it up at 4.0. And your partner is rated fairly high so much of the good result goes to them and doesn't fall entirely into your rating for the match.

So again, my data is likely not perfect/complete and I'm sure what I do to estimate a dynamic NTRP isn't perfect, but if there is a way to contest that doubles match being a strike, or at least get more details or an explanation of how it is a strike, I'd be interested to hear it.
schmke is offline   Reply With Quote