View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
TW Staff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvuong View Post
Hi Brit,

I also used Vcore 100s. The swing weight is quite low. Do you feel it is a shortcoming when you are at net or facing heavy balls ? I also have some questions regarding your specifications:

1. Do you modify your frame ?
2. I know you playing a hybrid but did you try a full bed of multi in Vcore 100s before ? What is your comparision ?
3. Your ideal string setup and tension for the Vcore 100s.

Thanks
lvuong,

Yeah, I am glad you enjoy the Yonex VCORE 100 S too! While the swing weight is quite low that is generally how I like it to be. Personally, I have had zero problems facing players that hit hard flat balls or heavier balls. I really enjoy this racquet up at net and love it for doubles. I have never had problems with stability.

To answer your questions, no I do not modify my frame in any way. I keep it in stock form and have thoroughly enjoyed it (haven't found a racquet I liked as much in the last 6 months of playtesting).

I have not tried a multi in the racquet yet. One of the main reasons is that I like the control I receive from the poly or hybrid combo as I find this racquet can be powerful at times. As I am still experimenting with string, I will definitely try it out. So far, I have kept my tension around mid and haven't really played with it.

Here is the link to another thread where I was talking about my string preference:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=426822

Brittany, TW
TW Staff is online now   Reply With Quote