View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
Kenny022593
Professional

Today was a pretty darn good day. Hit the gym in the morning and pulled a 180lb deadlift for 5 reps. It isn't stalling out, so I am happy with that. The soreness in my legs is also going away... some what. It is still there, but it isn't as bad as before. I feel like weight training is kind of ruining my tennis training because of the soreness, but oh well. My body will eventually get used to pushing the weights around.

I got to play tennis on a private clay court too. My friend's friend owns it... If that makes sense.

http://i48.tinypic.com/nq2wk3.jpg

It was pretty nice. Way nicer than the 'dirt' at the local club. WAY NICER! The crap at the local club shouldn't even be called clay or har-tru. I still despise clay, but I think it is good to play on it because it is easier on my ankle.

With that being said, I hit and moved a lot better than I was expecting. My ankle is a bit sore, but the 'big tournament' is only a month away and I need to push myself. I will monitor it closely. I also fixed my backhand. I finally paid attention to it and found that I was cutting my swing off way too soon and not going over the shoulder. All in all, it was a solid hitting session from my friend and I.

I don't know what I am doing tomorrow, but I hope I can hit before I have to work!

Also, what do you guys think would be a fair price to charge friends for stringing? The whole not getting paid for stringing at RIT ****es me off and I don't want to do that again.