View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #11
Radicalized
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
I used my prog 200 for the first time yesterday. I watched the wrong videos so to get started I was confused. That took about 20 min to figure out how to keep the tension for the first strings (I was watching a tutorial with an expensive non-floating clamp machine).

Anyways, it took me a while (I strung a head youteek with the free gamma syn gut) but was easy enough. Its a lot of labor though.

Also, I bought the extra clamp when I bought the machine but didnt use it at all. When/where would I used the clamp?

Do you mean a "starting clamp"? If yes: Starting crosses (See "Yulitle" (youtube.com/yulitle) video regarding starting crosses with a starting clamp). Pulling string and tying (see "Yulitle" video on tightening knots). "Jumping" when string not long enough to reach tensioner (Use with additional piece of string. See http://www.keohi.com/tennis/misc/startingclamp.htm). Some "specialized" racquet patterns. Backing up another clamp when starting mains when forces are the greatest on a clamp.

Last edited by Radicalized : 06-16-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Radicalized is offline   Reply With Quote