View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
jakemcclain32
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Basically this.

Be thankful that you have a plan "B"

Practice, practice, practice....and challenge yourself to play like you practice. But you've got to think about things like a journey.

in the past you were 100 % your old game. Then maybe it was 30% new game 70% old. From the sounds of it, you are using your aggressive, fun, winner friendly(with some UE) new style of dictating tennis about 60 or 70% of the time. Don't sweat that it's not there 100% yet.

Even the top, top guys use a bit of both styles you are talking about. And if they don't then they are one dimensional Kevin Anderson, Ivo Karlovic types where there is NO plan B.

Sure you probably want to get to the point where you are using the new stuff about 90-95% of the time...but let it come naturally. From the sounds of it, you've already made tremendous progress.
Appreciate it man.

Now that I think back, I believe that one of the reasons I got back to my old ways was a combination of things. First, the balls were springy as hell, and moved like mad, and second, he used the net well(being 6'8" and all, of course). Good thing was that he'd go to the net too early and I'd lob him to death.

Good thing now is that the hot time of the summer is coming, and I love playing during those times. When everyone gets worn out, I keep going.

I just hope I can keep my head in the game all the time now. Usually when I lose a 4-0 lead, I have been collapsing lately. This time I kept it together. That's something I have to think about.
jakemcclain32 is offline   Reply With Quote