View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
tnnisfan
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangePower View Post
I think it really depends on whether you are harming your leg or risking further injury when you play singles and experience pain.

If you are risking your recovery, then quit the league right now!

On the other hand, if it's "just" pain but otherwise doing no harm, then I don't know... I might be inclined to continue, but play with the mindset of keeping points super short. But I don't know if that's an option for you - obviously it depends on your style of play.
Thanks, I was actually wondering the same thing with regards to "doing harm" or just learning my limits with this leg until it is fully healed.

It is really ironic as a couple of posters have advised me to maybe try and "keep points short". I had to laugh out loud because that was my style of play for years!! I was very aggressive and would try to "put it away" on the first or second shot. Heck, I'd even sometimes try to put it away on a first serve return. I had more pros than I can count tell me that was my biggest problem, and to quit trying to end things so quickly. Every pro since has worked with me to calm down and become more of a baseliner and learn to work the point...which I have accomplished fairly well. It might be really fun to go back to what I believe is probably my natural style of play and just put it away...either in the court or against the fence! (Ha ha)
tnnisfan is offline   Reply With Quote