View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny022593 View Post
.............I just really need to re-evaluate what I am doing tennis wise and go from there. I am not really having fun doing it and I am beginning to hate the sport I love. I don't know what to do... I am also hitting with some really crappy string.

But I need advice guys from what I just said. What do I do? I want to get better, but the sport is just becoming less and less fun for me. Do I find new people to hit with? What?
Based on the title of your thread I'm really not surprised you have come to this. When I read it, I shuttered and thought, that's unrealistic and totally outcome focused. This is the type of thought pattern that leads to tight play, disinterest and burnout. When it's all about the W or the L, a crash at worst or re-evaluation at best is usually going to come.

You need to be more process focused. Look for little improvements every day. It can be anything. Focus on 100% effort and having the best attitude every practice, every point, every day. Don't worry about what others think, gain satisfaction in knowing you're working your hardest every practice and match. You need to read or get the tapes to Jeff Greenwald's Fearless Tennis. http://www.jeffhgreenwald.com/ This guy is the real deal. Read his stuff and you'll be a new tennis player and person for it. Seriously. Also, Dr. John Murray has a great website, a mental strength test, news updates, articles and advice. These resources offer far more than I can give you here.

Remember its a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy the journey. As you get older the journey will change and your tennis experience will be over shadowed by job, family and other things. This is all good. Enjoy your tennis now while you have it. It's a game, have fun with it.

Good luck. I like your blog and keep it up the good work.