View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #50
WARPWOODIE
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis View Post
yea, I see where you are going with this....on a fishing expedition into his motives. Why not just address the substance of his comments instead of trying to discredit and attack his motivations ?
Aloha, I think you missed my point. I'm sure Sean is looking ahead and for the interest of his kids. But my thing is, why get wrapped up if his kids are 7 and 10 years of age. The 7 year old might still be playing TAUT?...I don't know. As to the issue, as stated by others here, that if your kid is good, then it won't impact them. I know back in the day when my kid played L3 Sectionals, it amused me to see how the majority of the kids would not get passed the second round, as if, like the slaughtering of the lambs, with lopsided scores against the seeded players. Some went further in the rounds, but very very few. I don't know if the experience was a good thing, at least it gave them exposure to how higher level kids played. If you want good competition, why not play up, of if you want to travel, then look for good tournaments in tough sectionals like SoCal or Florida where 3 star (TRN) and up kids are a dime a dozen. And if they lose, heck go to Disneland/Disneyworld afterwords.

Last edited by WARPWOODIE; 06-28-2012 at 06:16 AM.