alidisperanza
Hall Of Fame

Location: The fishy looking thing that sticks off the East Coast
Default Kirschbaum Hybrix Spin

String: Kirschbaum Hybrix Spin
Frame(s): YT Radical Pro
Tension: 48/50

Stringing:
I've used the string before but I noticed something really strange about it today: The mains, although translucent and ridiged, have "Pro Line I." written on them. I checked the Hybrix Power that I have and those mains are Pro Line II. Can anyone confirm this? The spin mains look nothing like either of the Pro Lines.

Afterthought-- this plays absolutely NOTHING like either of the prolines... we'll see how the hybrix power compares

Moving on. The mains are very very stiff and physically hard. They're also ridged/ profiled to help promote spin. Installing them isn't particularly hard. Same as most polys athough knots are a bit of a pain in the butt to tie since the string is so stiff. The multi for the Hybrix series is one of the only multis I've ever really enjoyed playing with. It's very soft and has a plasticky coating (which is probably why I like it). It's fairly limp and very easy to work with although the coating can get damaged if you pull the crosses through too quickly.

I mostly worked on hitting my forehand for this playtest; not a full/extensive review (see durability)

Groundies:
Hybrix Spin definitely is a main-dominated playing string. The stiff/hardness of the mains dominates the stringbed. In comparison to my usual full poly stringbeds, this was very tight and low powered. Control is good but it's at the expense of solid shot production. I couldn't really generate big spin or crack the ball really flat and found that if I tried too hard, the ball would fly long. This feels like one of those setups where you'll blow your arm out before you get the satisfactory ball you want. Otherwise, the string plays just fine but imo, it's not up to par with the other 12.00 strings out there. Glad I didn't pay anywhere near that

Serving:
I only hit 10 or so serves with it. Flat seems to be the most effective because you can move the ball around easily without having to worry about hitting long.

Volleys:
Again, mains dominant. There is none of the softer response you'd expect from a multi. More like a wall punching the ball back

Tension maintenance:
At first it was a bit too tight, by the end of my hitting session, just right

Durability:
It's shot in the first 1hr 20 mins session of playing... while I wasn't able to pop it, I was damn near close. The outer coating of the multi is gone in my hitting zone and the fibers are laying flat against the mains.

Groundstrokes: 3/5
Serves: N/A
Volleys: N/A
Spin:3/5
Power: 3/5
Comfort: 3.5/5
Tension: 4/5
Durability:3/5

Last edited by alidisperanza : 07-06-2012 at 05:13 AM.
alidisperanza is offline   Reply With Quote