View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
kanamit
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringertom View Post
I have a hard time feeling good about someone making the above judgemental statement.

First, the suggestion was "why not the handoff to ABC for the finals?". It's easy enough for cable/dish households to shift to the over-the-air channel and EVERYONE watches in the convenience and comfort of their own home. There is a precedent for this...NBA Finals. Did you have a problem with that handoff?

Second, if you have a HDTV and an inexpensive external antenna, you can stay in touch with this world just fine, minus the $1,200+ annual hit on the pocket for cable/dish. It IS 2012...that is the point and many households struggle to keep ahead of the bills. Have you not been following the news on your favorite cable news show?

Time to get off your high horse, my friend!
In fairness to both posters, I am actually surprised that ABC isn't carrying the finals live. But it's also true that it's getting to the point where high-speed internet is considered a basic appliance/necessity. And with it, you can stream basically every tennis match of importance. (Note that I am NOT referring to cable *television*, which I very rarely watch since it became saturated about a decade ago with trashy reality shows the cable networks love because of the ultra cheap production costs.)

Last edited by kanamit : 07-07-2012 at 12:00 PM.
kanamit is offline   Reply With Quote