View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #506
drakulie
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvernsey View Post
Not really... the ergonomics of the Baiardo machine is pretty awesome but I'm not doing high volume right now so I'm not totally appreciating it. If parts were more readily available for a Star 3 I'd probably own one. Being able to punch up extra knot tension and pre-stretch is nice though. The clamp bases on the Baiardo are not as high of quality as the babolat clamps but they are less maintenance and pop-down-release function makes for quicker stringing. I used to have to take apart my babolat clamp bases all the time. Now the clamp heads are fantastic, quick adjust for tension, etc.

Agree with much of what you say about the babolat Star 3. I have a Star 4 I'll be taking to string at the Cincinnatti Masters this year and love the clamps and center clamps, although I agree the base clamps need more maintaining.

You'll find with the Baiardo that when stringing with a tired back, the ergonomics are incredible. Machine is so comfortable when doing high volume like at a pro shop or tournament. Most comfortable machine I've strung on. I wish I could take mine to Cincy, but the Star 4 is more transportable.

Enjoy the Baiardo and congrats.