View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #4
Ross K
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I switched to the X Force Pro last year and haven't looked back since. Great frame for me, as I was looking for something sub-12oz, but still had control and enough stability to handle hard serves & heavy topspin (I'm a 4.5, but routinely hit against 5.0 college players).

It took a month or so to adjust from a 20mm straight beam (C10 Pro) to a tapered frame, but other than that, absolutely no complaints.

I had hit with the M Pro No 1 for a month prior to buying the X Force Pro, and while a tad stiffer than its predecessor, Pacific still managed to retain the Fischer feel (my understanding is the X Force Pro is essentially the Black Granite Pro No 1 that never made it to the states). This is a great all-around frame that allows you to swing through the ball with confidence.

Now, if Pacific can just find a way to market these things...
McLovin,

This frame has grabbed my curiosity of late. How does it compare IYO to the swirly Pure Control + that I recall you used to play and I'm familiar with?

I've actually been playing around with the old silver/red Fischer Pro No 1 (same frame as the VT Pro 9 recently and was told it's pretty similarish to that. Anyhow, I'm particularly interested in baseline performance, as I think I'm finding I still fare better from the b-line with my Babs than the Pro No 1. That aside though, the Fischer bosses it in every department (impact feel, solidness, quality buld, accuracy, etc).