View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Fuji
Legend

Default Soreness in the "front" of Shoulder?

Hey all,

I'm here looking for some stretching and medical advice! The last few times I've gone out to hit some serves, I start out very very stiff. I'm not sure if this is due to overuse/not enough recovery time, or something completely different. I've had a hard time figuring out the exact source of my soreness until the last time I hit (Saturday Morning.)

The place I'm feeling the soreness is "middle glenohumeral ligaments" and the "Transverse humeral ligament"

Since I've completely cut out weight lifting during the past month or so, I'm curious if I should start up again, doing something as basic as flies to help strengthen them, or if there are any specific stretches to help with that area. It is only when I move my shoulder into the trophy position where I feel the soreness coming on. My serve technique has been checked and gone over by one of the best coaches in the area and he said it's "mechanically very clean" so I do not believe that is the problem.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if I misused the medical terms, that was the only way to describe the area of soreness!

-Fuji
Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote