View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Say Chi Sin Lo
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
Hey bud,

I know it's very little to work off of, but your post actually helped a great deal. I'm on the waiting list for my sports doctor to get back in town next week. From what I've read my symptoms are closest to "2) Shoulder impingement syndrome" which makes it a lot easier for me to see what to do on my own until I can see the doctor.

Thanks again!

-Fuji
The thing is though, and I'm not trying to discourage you, if anything I'm encouraging you to get to the bottom of it.

It's unlikely that you JUST have impingement syndrome. Almost always it's associated with some degree of rotator cuff issue (from a simple muscle imbalance to soft tissue damage). And in most cases, it's the aftermath of rotator cuff issues.

Some people are naturally born with a narrow passage way for the supraspinatus to operate, and that's just bad luck. But if you're not those individuals, then chances are you have an imbalance and/or tears which then reduces strength of those tendons. Thus, sending the humerus along with the supraspinatus crashing into the acromion.
Say Chi Sin Lo is offline   Reply With Quote