Thread: Fun vs Form
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #57
BMC9670
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonTom View Post
dood thats a massive load. So u tellin me u never do anythin u aint good at? I play off 21 n not often enough 2 improve but I still enjoy golf. Not everythin u do requires a burnin desire 2 succeed

If 10 is old enough to kno that suckin aint fun, how bout lettin her make the decision bout how serious she wants to take tennis. Mebbe she wants 2 be good. Mebbe not. Just cos u love workin on ur tennis game don't mean she will

Its a bit pathetic that u r lecturing me bout how kids should have fun. Kids r pretty good at workin out how to have fun by emself
You totally missed the point. This is a TENNIS FORUM. People aren't on here discussing the casual game of golf with buddies to drink beer and laugh at each other. We are passionate about tennis. And yes, to a certain extent, parents make choices for their kids until they are old enough to choose for themselves. I'm not advocating pressuring them to become pros at 10, but show them that you get out of something what you put in. And when you do that, it's a ton of fun. That's sports.

Last edited by BMC9670 : 07-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.