View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #3819
Gee
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKfan1 View Post
I too was thinking to myself that I could handle more swingweight. So I added 7 grams total @ 10 and 2 that brought my weight to about 370. I had drill this morning and I was just crushing balls on my groundies. It added a lot of stability at net as well. I didn't have a chance to serve any yet but I'm going to play tonight if it doesn't rain. I'm excited to see how this extra pop will help in a match.
Lately I did a side-by-side serving test with my BA98 and Redondo MP.

My BA98 setup: about 7 grams of silicone into the handle, lead from 4 to 8 o'clock and Babolat leather grip with Yonex Super Grap Overgrip. Total weight: 360 grams.
My Redondo MP has 5-6 grams at 12 and a Yonex Super Grap Overgrip. Total weight: 360 grams.

First I hit some with the BA98 with good results. It has a lighter and therefore easier swing than the Redondo.

Then I took my Redondo. I was struggling to find the rythm first but after that I produced a few good serves. Only not as consistent as with the BA98. It also felt too muted to my taste.

I hoped the Redondo MP 'll serve better because I prefer its more solid feel with the other strokes.

Last edited by Gee : 07-24-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote