View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #30
abmk
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel_Near View Post
Yes. I definitely prefer Nole on slower surfaces and Pete on faster surfaces. I think 5 setters between the 2 on any surface would have been mentally uncomfortable for both, because even if Nole were to be slowly grinding him down on a slower surface, he still would just refuse to offer him any real rhythm, and Nole would probably get throught he match without ever feeling that he was truly allowed to play the type of game he wanted to. I think he lacks the instinctive flair of a Nadal to truly make elite attacking players look a little bit muggy. I think Nadal's passing shots are on another level to Nole's and that he would have done better overall than Nole in a h2h series with Pete.
well , I think the return is an even more important aspect than passing shots and djoker very clearly edges out nadal there .....nadal struggles far more vs big serving ....

on any HC, definitely nole over nadal vs sampras ....

grass and clay, obviously nadal ....

problem with nole right now is that he used to be able to play first strike tennis back in 2007-08, but seems to have almost completely lost it now .....
abmk is offline   Reply With Quote