View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #44
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
Congratulations?

My point is that if you are telling folks that you are a 5.0 (or 4.0 or 4.5) based on what the coaches and directors of your league are telling you and not based on a USTA computer rating . . . well, that is not accurate.

You may in fact have skills that would allow you to be a computer-rated 5.0, but that doesn't mean you should claim to be a 5.0. 'Cause without that actual computer rating, you're just guessing.

Frankly, the problems I am describing are more likely limited to those who are 4.5 and below. There aren't many USTA league playing opportunities for 5.0s, so that does tend to be a different orbit.
So in other words we have to play in a USTA league even though we may not want to? I brought up my league and you dismissed it . I don't need congratulations, I am simply making a point. Let me expound :

There are all kinds of leagues. I have never had anyone ask my rating, but I have heard pros and club directors do a quick ranking so they can get people together in a league.

You want a uniform rating system even though USTA is not really the ideal way to play for all of us. In FL there are tons of alternatives. And in those leagues people describe others as a 4.0, 5.0..etc. It will never change.

Last edited by Power Player : 07-31-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Power Player is offline   Reply With Quote