View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #48
TennisDawg
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
Maybe, but 3.5/4.0/4.5 ratings are very useful for people who don't have the luxury of predictable work hours to commit to USTA leagues. I have some people with whom I play with whom I met on Craigslist or tennis websites based on their claimed rating. Most of them have worked out and we have been playing for years now. There is a guy I played on Sunday who plays 4.0 matches but only those that are organized in his club and we are evenly matched. He introduced himself as a 4.0 player a year ago and that was useful info.
No matters if you don't play in USTA sanctioned leagues or tournaments it's best not to claim you're a 3.5, 4.0 or any rating as far as that goes. You have no computer rating, a self rating has no meaning. If you self rate you are dishonest most likely sandbagging or have overrated yourself, thereby violating protocol and are being deceptive. You can play all non-USTA leagues you want, but you're just a wanna be hanging out. Until you get out of that sandbox, you we'll never be accepted by the USTA Tennis League, Tournament NTRP community. So, enjoy that non-USTA sanctioned league at least for now.