View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #226
Fee
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow1029 View Post
Yeah, Brad Gilbert is annoying with the names. It's almost like he's trying to be a cheap impersonator of Chris Berman, but Berman is better at it.

I don't like Leif Shiras very much, and I don't know why.

The problem I have with John McEnroe and Martina and Pam Shriver is that anytime there is a situation dealing with a rule (not a line call), but a rule like medical timeouts, or foot fault rules, or toilet breaks, etc., they just automatically assume that the umpire is wrong (sometimes they are, but usually not), and then they will just give out wrong information, instead of actually checking to see what the rule is first. Half of the time only they correct themselves, and then 14 threads start on here about an incorrect ruling when it was actually correct.
YES! I've nearly broken my TV because of Mac's complete lack of research and understanding about the current rules of the game. And they can get copies of the rulebooks for FREE! They aren't that hard to read, and not really time consuming either. At least Justin does his damn research most of the time, and he's usually quick to admit when he gets it wrong.

I understand the Leif dislike. I used to have it too. When you are around him its easy to get the feeling that he is arrogant because he's a good looking blue eyed blonde, but I've driven him once or twice and he's really not a bad guy. He's a bit standoffish in a cautious way, but I never got a bad vibe from him. Maybe he just liked me for some reason. He says 'and uh' too much in between thoughts. Do not make that a drinking game, you will die by the end of the first set.