View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
Lsmkenpo
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
No, you can't ... and only a Nadal fan would say so.

But, truthfully, with the top men I think you can find a spectrum of fans, good and bad. Even though I'm clearly flying in the clouds with the Golden Eagle (and it's not just the economy-size bottle of wine I consumed while I watched DVR'd Olympics matches), there are some fans of Roger on this forum that are clearly more annoying than some Rafa fans (though they're an exception to the rule, thankfully!). No, we don't necessarily need another thread on how Roger holds the record for most consecutive matches won while wearing a red polo, though I personally would become giddy over that statistic.

For example ... guys like MichaelNadal who can applaud a good performance from his favorite's rival or Mustard, who can provide some cool objective stats on an array of players, past or present. From the merits of their posts, I can respect their affiliation, even if I don't root for their tennis hero. But then they're sometimes overshadowed by someone who will create 20 alternate accounts so he can spam the board with obsessive posts about how Nadal will win the next 52 French Opens without dropping a set. (I'm not naming any names, but that's mainly because I'm not positive of the moniker of the latest alias).
Christ sakes, The majority of the time Mustard googles up stats for the sole purpose of trying to discredit Federer's accomplishments, he has about a thousand posts trying to build up Laver as the GOAT, and admitted he doesn't believe it himself, he only does it because others are supporting Federer as the GOAT. He is on a futile propaganda campaign to build up Nadal and tangentially discredit Federer any way possible. This is the basis of the majority of stats he googles up and pastes here, pathetic. Funny, how posters can't see his true colors, and think he is reasonable. He is somewhat passive, that is the only thing that makes him seem reasonable. If you really take a deeper look, you will see he is one of the most extreme Nadal fans on the board.

Last edited by Lsmkenpo : 08-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Lsmkenpo is offline   Reply With Quote