View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #36
Mustard
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsmkenpo View Post
Christ sakes, The majority of the time Mustard googles up stats for the sole purpose of trying to discredit Federer's accomplishments, he has about a thousand posts trying to build up Laver as the GOAT, and admitted he doesn't believe it himself, he only does it because others are supporting Federer as the GOAT. He is on a futile propaganda campaign to build up Nadal and tangentially discredit Federer any way possible. This is the basis of the majority of stats he googles up and pastes here, pathetic. Funny, how posters can't see his true colors, and think he is reasonable. He is somewhat passive, that is the only thing that makes him seem reasonable. If you really take a deeper look, you will see he is one of the most extreme Nadal fans on the board.
I have the stats myself, thank you very much, in my notes.

And I laugh at you saying I'm on a propaganda campaign as if you are somehow neutral and objective. LOL. As for the GOAT argument, a load of different players have a case for being GOAT, and a lot of people these days seem to think that Federer is the only candidate. In reality, I don't really see how any player can definitively win the GOAT argument, because different eras are different (some drastically different from others). There is nothing wrong with putting Laver's case out there, when a lot of Federer fans are putting forward Federer's case.

And yes, I'm a Nadal fan, and can sometimes be biased against Federer. I don't deny it. However, I do respect Federer's achievements and how he has played a big part to push tennis to such heights in this era.
Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote