View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
BigServer1
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsmkenpo View Post
Christ sakes, The majority of the time Mustard googles up stats for the sole purpose of trying to discredit Federer's accomplishments, he has about a thousand posts trying to build up Laver as the GOAT, and admitted he doesn't believe it himself, he only does it because others are supporting Federer as the GOAT. He is on a futile propaganda campaign to build up Nadal and tangentially discredit Federer any way possible. This is the basis of the majority of stats he googles up and pastes here, pathetic. Funny, how posters can't see his true colors, and think he is reasonable. He is somewhat passive, that is the only thing that makes him seem reasonable. If you really take a deeper look, you will see he is one of the most extreme Nadal fans on the board.
Mustard is a Rafa fan (he's technically a **** for Muster, hence his handle), but he's objective and ::GASP:: knowledgeable about tennis history that dates prior to 2010.

Laver needs more people making his GOAT case, imo. There's no denying that Fed is the most accomplished player of all time, but people will argue about the GOAT forever and Laver needs more love than he gets, imo.

I feel like 97% of all fans of players are pretty normal, likely attracted to a player or their game due to allegiance to a nation, a style, a look, a memory etc. Unfortunately for the 97%, the 3% of ridiculous freak shows are drawn to anonymous internet message boards, where anything goes.

It's impossible (and downright wrong, imo) to draw parallels or generalizations of an entire fan base from what is posted on these boards, MTF, or anywhere else. You've got the most passionate of all fans, some bordering on mentally unstable (these people exist in every fan base), and some who post 20 times a day. Normal people aren't like that. Hell, I feel like I'm here all the time and I've averaged 1.94 posts per day in my 6 years here. I can't imagine posting 10+ times a day on average.
BigServer1 is offline   Reply With Quote