View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Chas Tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisCJC View Post
I have had my shoulder go dead in that front spot right at the joint. It happened twice over 35 years of playing. And, I most always have a very minor amount of pain there - probably micro-tendinitos.

By dead, I mean I could not lift my arm from the hanging postion - arm just dangling and you can not control it. Literally could not lift my arm to make my dangling hand move more than 6-8 inches from my side/waist. Both times, pregnazone (spelling?) helped cure it in a few days with rest and ice.

............................. The shoulder lift to the front doesn't have a matching reverse exercise.

............................................I could play tennis until I woke up one morning and my arm would just dangle by my side.
There are nerves that get pinched and can cause some unusual things. Suggest that you research nerves. They have illustrations in anatomy books that show the body part that is affected by various nerves. The shoulder is one of the areas that can cause problems as well as neck and spine vertebra.
Chas Tennis is offline   Reply With Quote