View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #30
zagor
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMR View Post
Federer may say winning the Olympic gold was important to him because he had never won it and because he was representing Switzerland
Yes, he did want it bad.

Quote:
but he's just being politically correct.
Oh har har.

You have mixed up Fed with your idol, Fed more often than not speaks his mind and doesn't mince words.

Quote:
Great champions have never excelled at the Olympics.
Actually, for the most part of the tennis history "great" players weren't even allowed to participate. Not that I expect a Nadal fanboy to be aware of any tennis history that goes past 2008 mind you.

Quote:
Federer is more than satisfied with the silver in terms of representing the white cross.
He wanted the Gold but Murray was too good so yeah he did seem happy he won the Silver medal, if only he had the option to trade his 7th Wimbledon title for it as Nadal fanatics are 100% sure he would in a blink of an eye.

Quote:
Why go all out trying to outgrind the pusher of all pushers when there is another Cincy just around the corner?
For the last time, all this notion about Cincy being a real slam came from your fellow Nadal fanatic Suresh, not from Fed fans.

Here, educate yourself:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=282818

It's an inside joke, nobody really believes Cincinnati is worth more than a regular masters.

Quote:
A tournament played on a genuine fast surface (most years), I might add.
That's a ******* conspiracy, read the interviews of pros who participate there every year, they all talk about how slow it is (especially during the heat).

Quote:
I think the fact that it comes around only once every four years is skewing perception and making this 24 year "tradition" seemingly more prestigious than it is. It's a 500 and change, and about as meaningful as the NFL Pro Bowl.
Regarding tennis (a sport which this forum is about) it does have a 24 year tradition, greats like Borg and Laver (imagine that, there were great tennis players before saint Rafa) never even had a chance to participate.

P.S I'm still waiting for your supposed neutral self to write a sarcastic essay on Nadal fans' attitude towards WTF (an event worth 1500 points) and some of their members' open admission that they value SOG so much because it's something Nadal has and Fed doesn't (honestly, that's kindergarden level nonsense).
zagor is offline   Reply With Quote