View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #127
leroy_sunset
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
No, he's saying he would never, in any circumstances, ever ever ever overrule his partner's out call, no matter where it occurred in the match or how obvious it was.

I just want to clear this up. Here's where you started to flame, translated for those over the age of 50:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonTom View Post
If your partner hooks, find a new partner. But you don't ever, ever overrule your partner. You don't break solidarity mid-match.
Your response:

Quote:
I disagree. I'd want someone to overrule me and I'd expect my partner to want to be overruled.
Teflon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonTom View Post
If your partner is honestly mistaken, then tell him and let him correct his own call. If he is deliberately hooking, you don't break rank. You tell him in private it's not acceptable, and if he doesn't stop hooking then you simply don't play with him any more.

In this thread: tennis players don't understand team sport
Teflon is saying that the team aspect of the sport dictates that overrules and public arguments are detrimental to the team dynamic. I agree, they can cause major problems.

Jonny, this was your immediate response:

Quote:
ITT: TeflonTom cares more about winning than the integrity of the game and expects everyone to play the same way he does.

No one on my team plays that way, and I don't play that way.
Instantly, Teflon is a dirty cheater and you're a moral compass? Seriously, get over yourself.
leroy_sunset is offline   Reply With Quote