View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
toly
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeslo View Post
Hi:

Hope you can provide me with some advice concerning my issue.

Basically, after watching too much instructional videos, to try to add a little something to my otherwise solid forehand, i completely messed up my forehand.

My goal was to to improve racket head speed. One of the videos (coach kyrill on youtube) suggested tucking in the elbow (basically "glueing it" to my torso) to get the feel of the "snap" on the forehand. Later you of course release your elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TrKHZzetpc

Practiced it, and practiced it some more and stuck with it for a while. But now what's happening is that even in normal points i keep the elbow very close to my body and the racket head drop is insane. At the point of contact my 12 o clock racket head point is almost aiming at the ground, resulting in a very extreme low to high swingpath. It almost feels like my wrist stays bent for too long.

I will at least try to post a picture of my contact point to get a better understanding of what i'm talking about.
I use Kyril technique FH a lot especially when I’m late.

You should clearly understand what every part of your body has to do.

To create power (translational ball’s speed) Kyril applys:
1. Body rotation - contributes around 20% of power.
2. Internal shoulder rotation - 40%.
3. Wrist snap - 40%. In case of SW grip that would be wrist deviation from wrist radial to wrist ulnar.

To create topspin Kyril utilizes forearm pronation.

The main idea is that we must present (around impact) the racquet’s long axis in horizontal orientation. Otherwise, we practically cannot use the above steps 1, 2, and 3 effectively and forearm pronation too.

The picture below demonstrates wrong and right racquet orientation around impact.

Never jump if you get low ball, but bend your knees, see please famous Radwanska squat.

Last edited by toly : 08-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
toly is online now   Reply With Quote