View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #32
Cindysphinx
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul_SJ View Post
IMO,

Mixed 8.0 and 9.0 should be limited to 4.0's and 4.5's respectively.

I've watched several Mixed 8.0 matches and have observed that matches with four 4.0 players tend to be competitive and entertaining to watch.

Whereas, Mixed 8.0 with a 4.5 man and a 3.5 woman tend to be lopsided and involves hitting at the 3.5 woman and keeping it away from the 4.5 man.

I don't see the rationale for allowing it... Why allow a 4.5 to partner with a 3.5 in Mixed but not allow a 4.5/3.5 to partner
in Men's League 4.0 matches?
^Agreed.

When I play 8.0 mixed, my partner and I just do not stand a chance against a 4.5 guy. I cannot get his serve back, ever. My partner will also struggle, so we cannot possibly break him. Meanwhile, 50% of my serves will come screaming back at me. If the opposing woman can get most of my serves into play and push the ball back long enough for her partner to poach, I stand no chance.

It would help if the 3.5 women were at the bottom of their level, but they never are. Only a few 4.5 guys want to play 8.0 mixed, so the captains have their pick of the best 3.5 women.

Mixed would be more fun for me if it were all 4.0 players (and 3.5s playing up).