Hall Of Fame

Location: The fishy looking thing that sticks off the East Coast
Default Discho Iontec Black 1.25/Kirschbaum Synthetic Gut 1.30

Frame: YouTek Radical Pro
String: Discho Iontec Black 1.25/Kirschbaum Synthetic Gut 1.30
Tension: 49/51

Finished my playtest, review to come.

Stringing:
Cake Cake Cake. KBS is just limp enough to weave like a champ but can push through blocked holes with ease. I'm really starting to like this purchase...If my customers like it as well, I may have to buy another reel.

Ground Strokes:

Ok, wow, I'm really impressed by this string's neutrality; yes, I know that's a paradox. What I mean to say is that while this string doesn't provide huge spin, doesn't really do anything crazy special, it's comfortable and decently powerful. To quote PvAudio's review of Isospeed Baseline/OGSM, you get what you put in here. Power is good and can even get a touch uncontrollable if you're not careful. I would call this setup a budget hitting combo. It cost me all of 4 dollars and lasted ~4 hours. A friend of mine even hit with it once it was borderline popping/ starting to move around and was surprised with how soft the string bed was.

Serves:
Honestly, I like it. I'm not able to get those silly 6+ foot kickers that spin off but I can do quite a bit with it. Flat serves are powerful if you can control them and there's enough spin to hit slices and kick serves.

Volleys:
One word, great. The softness of the stringbed gives you a really nice response whether you want to punch into a slow volley or use the incoming speed to redirect it. It's not amazing, but for the price, it's amazing haha.
Serves:

Durability/Tension Maintenance:
4 hours, pretty consistent. Iontec is just iontec. It does it's job and the softness of the KBS complements the ItB very nicely and doesn't bite through the poly like OGSM did-- that was a disaster haha. The slight feeling I didn't like at first disappears when crossed with KBS.

Overall, I'm really impressed. This is a great off-season string for me to practice with because it forces me to work on my technique and racquet head speed to get the shots that I want. There are no freebies like with Black 7. The beautiful part is I don't feel bad in the least stringing it, replacing it, and playing it to death.

Groundstrokes: 3.5-4/5
Serves:4/5 Plus in flat, minus in spin, overall decent and comfortable above all else
Volleys:4/5 Soft, versatile.
Spin:3.5/5
Power:4.0/5
Comfort:4.5/5
Tension:4/5
Durability:3.5/5 Some heavy topspin hitting will eat the crosses like pudding. Otherwise, not bad.

Last edited by alidisperanza : 09-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.
alidisperanza is offline   Reply With Quote