View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
michael_1265
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
Ok.

I was concerned about your remark that you would "take exception" if the guy hit at your wife at net. The last thing league competitive tennis needs is another guy who starts an argument when his wife learns she doesn't have a force field around her at net.

If you meant that you would suggest to her that she play from the baseline, that is fine.

I also doubt that special dispensation is owed because the four players are not at the same rating level. Anyone who plays up is presumably doing it because they can hang. People who cannot hang should not play up and then complain if the opponents take them seriously.
Point taken. I consider myself chivalrous, but not psychotic. I wouldn't get confrontational. If he were headhunting though, he might get pegged with an overhead or two, something I am just beginning to have the ability to do.

Also, the score does make a difference. If we are playing even we are ahead, I don't expect them to hold back. If they are hammering us, I'd expect a good 4.0 to have a little grace, and not beat up on my partner