View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #89
psmo290
New User

Got the string today. Thanks TW for considering me for the playtest. I didn't really expect it till it came in the mail. I strung it right away in my spare BLXPS 6.1 Tour 90.

Played a quick 1 set match today. The AZ heat is still getting to me, but the feel of the freshly strung racquet is always going to be nice.

Full set or hybrid: Full Set
Tension used for playtest: 54
Regular string set up: Full Set BH7 17G @ 54 lb or Full Set of Kirshbaum Super Spiky @ 52 lb
Racquet brand and model used for test: BLXPS 6.1 Tour 90

Power of test string:
At 54 lb, the string still felt a bit under-powered. I don't mind it since I can take bigger cuts at the ball.
9/10

Feel:
A bit stiff at the net, but not bad. Hit a few really good drop shots that landed exactly where I wanted it. +1 in the control category.
7/10

Spin:
The tourna BH7 remains my favorite in the spin category. The spin was good, but not great. The backspin and sidespin are still a joy to hit with this string. Topspin is average.
8/10

Comfort:
No arm/elbow problems after the match. Didn't experience any discomfort during play.
9.5/10

Durability:
Too soon to tell, but after 3 hours it still haven't snapped on me.
9/10

Tension maintenance (how long before it became too loose or unplayable)
After the 2 hour mark, I felt the string become a bit more springy. It was still very playable though. I say 6 hours max for big hitters. Which is pretty good for a poly.
7.5/10

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
Control is good when I have enough time to prep for the ball. Full swing is important for this string to do it's magic. Average for a poly string. Serves on this string was accurate, but I couldn't generate my usual pace. I'm not complaining though since I hit my spots consistently.
8/10

Compare to the string you use most often
BH7 17G:
I like the BH7 better for spin. Control for both strings are about the same. Just by looking at the gauge of the string, the 4G looks to be a more durable string. Stringing the 4G was a pain in the rear end for me. Maybe I'm still a beginner in the stringing world, but I hate stringing Luxilons. It's fine up to the last 3 or 4 crosses.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
About 54lb is perfect for my style. +2 if you want to hit it harder. -2 is you want more power.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
Serve Placement
Slices (especially on drop shot return of serve)
Groundstrokes

Dislike:
Feel (most poly lack this. Just hybrid it if you want more)
Stringing the string

Thank you again for including me in this playtest, TW.
psmo290 is offline   Reply With Quote