View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #100
TFight320
New User

I've finally got the chance to string it up last night and had a casual hit for an hour today.

Full set or hybrid: Hybrid with Gosen OGSM crosses

Tension used for playtest: 55/56

Regular string set up: Tour Bite 17/ OGSM 17 (55/56)

Racquet brand and model used for test: Tecnifibre TFight 320 V02

Power of test string:
It definitely feels lower than TB at the same tension but still allowed me to take a cut at the ball. I would say average or below average for a poly.

Feel:
It felt more muted to me than my old setup. I did not get the usual pop off of my groundstrokes nor was it very crisp.

Spin:
Spin was adequate. Not nearly as much as TB but I didn't have too much trouble keeping the ball in the court.

Tension maintenance:
I can't really say since I've only used it for all of one hour.

Control:
This is probably the best part about this string. I felt like I could control the ball easily due to the low power and decent spin and could place it almost anywhere on the court.

Compare to the string you use most often:
Compared to TB, the 4G is lacking in spin, power and pop. However, it really excels when it comes to control and is a bit more comfortable than TB, but not by much. Still, I don't think I'll be making the switch after this comes out.

Tension recommendations:
Due to the lack of power and spin, I would go down a few pounds to make up for it.

Overall:

I liked the control that I had with 4G. It was also quite comfortable for a poly and would suggest it to anyone who wants a softer, control-oriented poly.

Dislikes:
Stringing was a bit of a hassle as it was easy to kink. It lacked a bit of power but that is typical for any poly. There was also a lack of spin and "bite" on the ball.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this playtest, TW!
TFight320 is offline   Reply With Quote