View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by athleticstennis View Post
I don't know if you are a tennis player in college but probably no. If public could vote in this issue I think is a big no against this rule. If college tennis players could vote in this issue, I think it would be much more divided. I am not against the rule, because a tough 3 set match plus a doubles is not so easy. And if is back to back is much tougher. If we played only singles, I would be totally against the rule. If it's changed, I like it. If isn't, nothing much changes, just to be prepared to grind a little more. That's all
Many teams have players that play singles and doubles only. A proset of doubles followed by a singles match really should not be that difficult for a highly conditioned athlete. The 8 game doubles proset generally takes about an hour. Then followed by a 10-20 min. break. There's a reason why senior tennis players gravitate to doubles, pssst, it's not that physically demanding.