View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
sansaephanh
Professional

Send a message via AIM to sansaephanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpotapov View Post
That's where I am right now, PPA 16 @ 50 lbs in Mid Plus 18x20 frame. Price/durability is excellent, comfort is good, power and spin are mediocre.
I guess, once you got used to how poly (such as BHBR) bites the ball it is almost impossible to go back to any multis. Unless you hit predominantly flat, of course. After trying some full beds of multis recently, I found that my only possible option in terms of playability (spin, power, comfort) and durability is natural gut/poly.
I was actually racking my brain towards Gamma Ruff and Dunlop Hexy Fibre. Both textured and seem to have decent bite, but I can't find alot of good reviews. Most people seem to use hexy fiber as a cross, which I can't totally understand, because its a multi, which means it notches and frays faster AND its textured so wouldnt it decrease the main's "snapping" potential?

Either way, I really don't want to give up the bite. It's even tougher that BHBR comes out to 5.50 a set in reel and dunlop hexy comes out as 6, but with probably a ton less lasting playability.

SEE?? I"M TALKING MY WAY OUT OF GIVING UP POLY ALREADY! SOMEONE STOP ME lol.